23 C
Panjim
Thursday, December 3, 2020

Shiv Sena condemns Amit Shah’s statement on Mhadei

Must read

Krikey launches agumented- reality based game ‘Yaatra’ with jio

Krikey, an Augmented Reality mobile gaming company has launched YAATRA, a new augmented reality game in India, with Jio. Jio also led the Series...

Free physiotherapy camp at SPARC Ponda 

Panaji: A free physiotherapy and diet camp  has been organised from December 5- 8 by Sportsotherapy Aqua Rehabilitation Clinic (SPARC) Medical Director Dr Ketan...

COVID-19: 117 new infections, three deaths 

  Panaji: Goa's coronavirus caseload went up by 117 and reached 48,241 on Wednesday,  a health department official said. The death toll mounted to 693 as...

Govt works on mission to double income of farmers by 2022

Panaji: Goa government on Wednesday said that they have hit the mission mode to double the income of the farmers by the year 2022...
- Advertisement -

Panaji: Shiv Sena has condemned the statement by BJP President Amit Shah on Mhadei issue. Sena’s Goa Unit President Jitesh Kamat has criticized Shah for his statement. This is what Sena has said in a press conference addressed today:

Shiv Sena Goa unit condemns statement of BJP President Amit Shah of diverting Mhadei water into Malaprabha basin within six months if voted to power in Karnataka, stated Jitesh Kamat, State President of Shiv Sena, in Press Conference held in Panjim office.

Madhayi is a direct lifeline to 70% of Goa and indirectly benefits remaining 30% and Shiv Sena has been opposing it’s diversion, says Kamat. He also condemned statement of Prime Minister Narendra Modi of doing out of court settlement if voted to power.

Kamat opined that PM should not forget that he is just not a leader of BJP but also a Prime Minister of the country and should talk responsibly. He also alleged that we would have taken it as ‘ jhumla’ election statement but PM is more interested in interlinking of rivers to offer waterways of Goa to big corporates outside Goa.

Further Kamat stated that statement of Mr. Shah when case is pending in the court of law is a contempt of honorable court and he has demanded to take cognizance of BJP President Amit Shah’s statement and file contempt of court by taking Suo Moto action.

Shiv Sena Goa and their leaders in Maharashtra too share same opinion on Mhadei issue and Minister Dipak Kesarkar had issued a statement some days back urging Karnataka Government to treat Goa like a small brother and give them use whole Mhadei River. 17kms river runs through Maharashtra. Kamat has also alleged congress of being double standard on the issue. He opined that it was Congress Government of Siddharamaiha in Karnataka who secretly carried out the work of Kalsa nullah Inspite of status quo given by the Mahadeyi Water Dispute Tribunal.

That time why Congress in Goa kept quiet, questions Kamat. Further, he has demanded proper stand from all the parties in Goa including coalition and Water Resource Minister Vinod Palyekar before polling day in Karnataka.

- Advertisement -

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest article

Krikey launches agumented- reality based game ‘Yaatra’ with jio

Krikey, an Augmented Reality mobile gaming company has launched YAATRA, a new augmented reality game in India, with Jio. Jio also led the Series...

Free physiotherapy camp at SPARC Ponda 

Panaji: A free physiotherapy and diet camp  has been organised from December 5- 8 by Sportsotherapy Aqua Rehabilitation Clinic (SPARC) Medical Director Dr Ketan...

COVID-19: 117 new infections, three deaths 

  Panaji: Goa's coronavirus caseload went up by 117 and reached 48,241 on Wednesday,  a health department official said. The death toll mounted to 693 as...

Govt works on mission to double income of farmers by 2022

Panaji: Goa government on Wednesday said that they have hit the mission mode to double the income of the farmers by the year 2022...

CM Pramod Sawant trying to discredit Manohar Parrikar?: AAP 

Panaji: Taking a dig at Chief Minister Dr Pramod Sawant, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) stated that "the CM has turned into a 'compulsive...