Pernem: Pernem Police on 13/11/21 arrested a gang of 08 drug peddlers who had come down to Goa from Mumbai.
As per PI Jivba Dalvi of Pernem police station they had received credible information that one gang of drug peddlers have arrived from Mumbai and carrying out illegal drugs supply activities into the jungles around sweet lake at Arambol.
Based on the information PI Jivba Dalvi led a raiding team consisting of PSI Praful Giri, PSI Harish Vaigunkar, HC Uday Gosavi, PC Arjun kalangutkar, PC Swapnil Shirodkar, PC Vinod Pednekar, PC Bhaskar Chari to conduct this narcotics drugs raid at Arambol.
Some of the police staff posed themselves as prospective customers and established contact with the peddlers.
Further Pernem police zeroed in on the location i.e Sweet valley resort at Arambol and conducted a narcotics raid during which a total of 8 accused persons were found staying in the room.
All the accused persons were searched thoroughly and all were found to be concealing and possessing various types of drugs. It was revealed that all had came for carrying out drugs supply to tourists in Goa.
All the accused are identified as
- Alex Romeo s/o Mariasclvam Koundar age 25 yrs r/o Bhandup west Mumbai 400078
- Jeffrey Rodrigues s/o Menino Augusto Rodrigues age 24 yrs r/o Sahyadri Nagar Bhandup west Mumbai
- Sagar jadhav s/o Sanjay Jadhav age 21 yrs r/o Pande Chawl Bhandup Mumbai
- Adrian Kingston s/o Mariasclvam Koundar age 21 yrs r/o Patel Chawl St. Anthony Colony Bhandup west Mumbai 400078
- Rohit s/o Netaji Zende age 20 yrs r/o Tembipada Road Goan devi Bhandup west Mumbai
- Rushikesh Tukaram Mahadik age 21 yrs r/o T.P Road Shivaji Nagar Bhandup west Mumbai
- Vaibhav s/o Kisan Shigwan age 21 yrs r/o Kaju Tekdi Bhandup Mumbai.
- Prem Roopchanda Londhe age 19 yrs r/o Tembhipada Gaon devi Road Bhandup west Mumbai.
During the raid Police found various types of drugs consisting of 800 gms Ganja, 34gms of charas, 60 cannabis seeds, LSD papers all worth rupees 1,20,000/- in international market.
Presently all accused persons are arrested under sections 20(b)(ii)(A) and 22 (A) r/w 29 of NDPS act of NDPS act and are in Police Custody.
Police are finding out more details regarding the accused persons and the source of drugs.
Further investigation is in progress under the supervision of SP North Shobhit Sexsena IPS and SDPO Shri Salim Shaikh.