30 C
Panjim
Sunday, April 18, 2021

Good news! Bank deposits are on rise in Goa





Must read

Goa registers highest deaths for a day on Sunday, CM says vaccination will tackle the problem

Panaji: With eleven people succumbing to the COVID-19 infection on a single day on Sunday, Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant said that the issue...

Goa registers highest deaths for a day on Sunday, CM says vaccination will tackle the problem

  Panaji: With eleven people succumbing to the COVID-19 infection on a single day on Sunday, Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant said that the issue...

Highest number of deaths, cases per day on Sunday

Panaji: The covid-19 infection, which has unleashed its second phase in Goa, created record in the number of cases and also deaths on Sunday....

Citizens Choice panel for Margao Municipal Council release their manifesto

Margao : "The Citizens Choice Panel for MMC",  a citizens panel floated by Shadow Council for Margao, Citizens for Sonsodo and Goa with Love,...
- Advertisement -
Panaji: Despite slowdown in the economy, Goa has witnessed increase in the bank deposits to the tune of Rs 6,000 crore, Economic Survey 2019-20 has
The Economic Survey Report 2019-20 was tabled on the floor of the House during the Budget session of Goa Legislative Assembly on its last day on February 7.
The survey has pointed out that there is increase in the deposits in the banks compared to the same period, a year before that.
“There are 53 banks comprises of 824 number of branches as on March 31, 2019 covering average population of 1,770 persons in the State,” the Economic Survey reads.
“During 2019-20, as on September 30,  2019 the banks have mobilized altogether deposits amounting to Rs 78,704 crore as against Rs 72,432 crore as on September 30, 2018,” it adds.
The survey has mentioned that the deposit level has achieved an increase by Rs 6,272 crore over the September 2018 level.
“Out of the total deposits, the domestic deposits contributes 81.64 per cent which is Rs 64,257 crore and remaining 18.36 per cent that is Rs 14,447 crore is contributed through NRE (Non Resident External) deposits,” the survey reads.
Goa has several of its citizens working abroad including the seafarers, who send back their remittances through NRE accounts.
The Economic Survey has pointed out that the advances level as on September 30, 2019 is Rs 23,712 crore with an increase of Rs 2,476 crore over the September 2018 level.
- Advertisement -

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest article

Goa registers highest deaths for a day on Sunday, CM says vaccination will tackle the problem

Panaji: With eleven people succumbing to the COVID-19 infection on a single day on Sunday, Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant said that the issue...

Goa registers highest deaths for a day on Sunday, CM says vaccination will tackle the problem

  Panaji: With eleven people succumbing to the COVID-19 infection on a single day on Sunday, Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant said that the issue...

Highest number of deaths, cases per day on Sunday

Panaji: The covid-19 infection, which has unleashed its second phase in Goa, created record in the number of cases and also deaths on Sunday....

Citizens Choice panel for Margao Municipal Council release their manifesto

Margao : "The Citizens Choice Panel for MMC",  a citizens panel floated by Shadow Council for Margao, Citizens for Sonsodo and Goa with Love,...

HSSC, SSC students to protest along with NSUI on 19 April

Panaji : HSSC, SSC students and NSUI have organised a protest tomorrow in 19 April at Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education...