Panaji: Following are the proposals in the Budget for Town and Country Planning Department as announced on the floor of the House by CM Pramod Sawant.
Sawant said: I propose to extend the Online Building Plan Approval Management System for other types of buildings like multifamily dwellings, commercial buildings and industrial buildings, in phases.
- Speaker Sir, I propose to strengthen all the PDAs by carrying out major reforms in their functioning.
- Speaker Sir, I propose to empanel Notary Architects and Notary Engineers for third party certification of low risk projects. This certification by professionals will be considered valid by TCP for issuing of Technical Clearance and completion orders.
- Speaker Sir, in order to provide relief to the construction sector, my Government intends to reduce the rate of Infrastructure Tax by 30% for a period of six months w.e.f. 1st April 2021. 43
- Speaker Sir, I propose to introduce rules and strategies to implement Transferable Development Rights provisions for acquiring much needed land fees, public projects and to conserve heritage structures.
- The issue of incidence of double-taxation in Stamp duty and registration fees shall be streamlined to avoid financial hardships to the housing construction sector.