22.3 C
Panjim
Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Boycott `Halal’ certified products, appeals HJS

Latest Hub Encounter

 

Panaji: Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) has urged the people and the government to boycott Halal certified products claiming that it is helping few Islamic fanatic organizations.

In a press statement released here, HJS has said “The Arabic word Halal means ‘Valid according to Islam’ ! Originally, a demand kept in the context of meat, ‘Halal’ is now demanded in many things, including vegetarian food, cosmetics, medicines, hospitals, household items and even malls.”

“For this, it has been made mandatory to obtain a ‘Halal certificate’ from private Islamic organizations. In secular India, is it necessary to obtain a private Islamic certificate after obtaining a certificate from the government’s Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) ?,”  Muslims constitute only 15% of the population in India. Why then is ‘Halal Certificate’ being imposed on the remaining 85% Hindus ? Most importantly, crores of rupees earned through ‘Halal certification’ is going to Islamic organizations instead of Central and State governments. Few Islamic organizations amongst this are providing judicial help for rescuing fanatics caught up in terrorist activities. “They even oppose the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) passed by the central government. A religion based parallel economy in secular India is a threat to National security. Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) has appealed to the government to immediately stop the practice of ‘halal certification’ and the citizens of India to boycott ‘Halal certified’ products.

HJS said: Most shockingly, the previous so-called secular government allowed government establishments like Indian Railways, Air India and Tourism Corporation to make halal mandatory, which is still going on. Even the pure vegetarian snacks of the well-known ‘Haldiram’ have now become ‘halal certified’. Nuts, sweets, chocolate, grains, oils, soaps, shampoos, toothpaste, mascara, lipstick; McDonald’s burgers and Domino’s pizza are all halal certified. ‘Halal Certificate’ is mandatory on products exported to Islamic countries; But why is it needed in Hindu-majority India ? If things are going to be like this, it won’t be wrong to say that India is moving towards ‘Islamization’.

While the Government of India has a ‘Food Safety and Standards Authority of India’ as well as a ‘Food and Drug Administration’ department in many states, why do we need so many Islamic organizations issuing ‘Halal Certificates’ ? Each trader is initially charged Rs 21,500 for issuing this Halal certificate and Rs 15,000 for its annual renewal. Hindu Janajagruti Samiti wants to stop this parallel economy from growing further in India. For this, Samiti is creating awareness through meetings of industrialists, lectures, and social media across the country on topics like ‘Futility of Halal in India’, ‘A mine planted in India’s secularism’ and ‘Damages its causing to the government’ etc.

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest Articles

- Advertisement -