Panaji: Crime Branch has raider a gambling den at Patradevi, Pernem. 10 persons arrested. Gambling articles and cash of Rs. 2,13,000/- seized.
Acting on a tip off, Crime Branch Ribandar raided a gambling den active near the Martyrs Memorial at Patradevi, Pernem early morning on 27/10/2019.
A reliable information was recieved about card gambling activity being conducted at Patradevi since some days.
Accordingly intelligence was developed and a team was formed consisting of PI Jivba Dalvi, PSI Marlon DSouza and Head constable Umesh Dessai, Umesh Fadte and constables Vinayak Sawant, Vijay Naik, Brijesh Naik, Andrew Dsouza, Sunil Naik, Utkarsh Dessai, Venkata Prasad and Shamba Shetgaonkar.
Further the gambling den was raided early morning during which the organiser
1. Sharad Bala Arolkar, 32 yrs, R/o Pernem and other accused
2. Soma Dattaram Raul, 39 yrs, R/o Sindhudurg
3. Vinayak Parshuram Paradkar, 44 yrs R/o Sindhudurg
4. Shabbir Mohammad Khan, 51 yrs R/o Sawantwadi
5. Kishore Vasudev Samant, 32 yrs, R/o Sindhudurg
6. Sakharam Govind Shetye, 39 yrs R/o Dodamarg
7. Sanjay Narayan Gawas 37 yrs R/oDodamarg
8. Manguesh Raghunath Sawant, 35 yrs, R/o Sawantwadi
9. Pankaj Ramchandra Parab, 28 yrs, R/o Oros, Sindhudurg
were placed under arrested.
A total cash of rs.2,13,000/- along with other gambling articles were seized.
An offence under section 11(2)(a) GPG Act has been registered.
Further investigation is in progress.