Porvorim: Porvorim MLA Rohan Khaunte, Goa former minister for IT, Revenue, Labour &
Employment and Planning & Statistics on Saturday released a report card on his work
as the minister and MLA in last three years. Rohan Khaunte is India’s first MLA who has
taken the initiative to give his constituency a regular report card since 2014.
A quick look at Rohan Khaunte Accountability Report shows that the MLA has fulfilled
more than 60% of his manifesto promises along with outstanding achievements for his
state portfolios. Some of the key points in the report card indicate the completion of
major infrastructure projects to solve problems that citizens of Porvorim were facing for
Key Promises As MLA That Were Fulfilled Among Others”:
– Water Harvesting Tank and 15-20 MLD Water Treatment plant has been set up during
his tenure to solve the issue of depleting water table for Porvorim
– Multiple health sub-centers were opened up across the constituency to enhance the
quality of healthcare.
– Quality Panchayat Ghars were built in the constituency to make getting work done at
Panchayats a pleasant experience. Amenities such as Doctors and Veterinary Doctor’s
office, Post Office, trade shops, indoor and outdoor sports facilities, a public library a
multipurpose hall, and a football field have been built in most Panchayat Ghars of
– Waste Management Projects have been rolled out to make Porvorim one of the
cleanest constituencies of Goa and achieving the vision of Swachh Bharat in reality
– Porvorim became one of the first constituencies of Goa to get its own National
Cyclonic Disaster System established.
– Infrastructure and technology initiatives were taken to help farmers reduce the cost of
growing crops while increasing their productivity & overall efficiency.
– Built an ecosystem to boost the culture of sports and fitness in Porvorim
While his term as MLA of Porvorim is ongoing, Rohan Khaunte also served the state
government of Goa as IT, Revenue, Labour & Employment and Planning & Statistics
Minister with Late Manohar Parrikar before Pramod Sawant-led government was
formed. Working closely with Parrikar, Rohan Khaunte departments launched several
progressive initiatives and policy reforms that have made the system more transparent,
corruption free and fair.
Key Achievements as IT, Revenue, Labour & Employment and Planning & Statistics Minister
Setting-up infrastructure and policy to make Goa the most preferred startup destination
– Roping in multi-national companies to set-up backend offices in Goa to generate
employment of Goan youth
– Revenue reforms to simplify mutation and partition of land to ensure the issues are
resolved within a net 90 days.
– Digitalisation of government records and processes to make government work easier
for the citizens.
– Setting up of world-class training centers in partnership with MNCs to train Goa’s
youth in skills needed to become employable.
Laid foundation stone for Global VC Summit and put together a nexus of businesspersons, mentors, and investors to help Goan entrepreneurs scale their
“I started my career as an entrepreneur, and just how a business person keeps a record
of everyday activities in the business, I kept a track of everyday development in the
diverse portfolios that I handled as a minister and continue to do so in my role as an
MLA. This helped me ensure optimization and quality delivery of everything that our
citizens deserve,” says Rohan Khaunte.
Rohan Khaunte report card also indicates that he has 100% attendance in the Assembly and has asked the maximum number of questions among the 40 MLAs since 2012. Khaunte launched his first report card in 2014 and has been updating his constituency with the progress report on a regular basis. This is a big step towards a clean and accountable governance, as he calls it, the Inclusive Porvorim model of Governance!
On account of 10 year anniversary of Porvorim Yuva Welfare Trust (PYWT), MLA Rohan Khaunte, also the Chairman of PYWT has kicked off year round celebrations beginning with launching of Raffles. Additionally, PYWT will be carrying out several activities throughout the year such as health camp, skill development sessions, Krishi Melawa as part of the the celebration.